It is currently 16 Jul 2018 07:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015 12:48 
Active Poster

The grand RiHa concert organ - the Orchestra - the ultimate in the range of RiHa of organs.

This magnificent instrument has everything which modern electronics can offer and has new standard for comparison. The output power of 2 x 50 watts guarantees a hi-fi sound and plenty of volume if required.

The RiHa Orchestra offers you: 3 keyboards; built in synthesizer (third keyboard), which can also be coupled to the second keyboard; 9 sine wave pitches (drawbar controlled); 4 touch sensitive wave sound presets; 8 touch sensitive instrumental presets; 9 touch sensitive synthesizer presets; solochord; Polyvoice on two keyboards and pedalboard with strings, brass, horns etc.; a selection of RiHa electronic organ stops; numerous variable slider controls; an automatic novel accompaniment unit having 15 different rhythms with 8 variations, 8 percussion instruments, piano, guitar, wow guitar, trombone, trumpet, automatic 3-voiced arpeggio with adjustable sustain; harp arpeggio on bottom keyboard.
Dimensions: Height 107 cm, Width 112 cm and Depth 65 cm.
Connection facilities for headphones, taperecorder or microphone.
The price in march 1979 was 17.995,- in Dutch Guilders and there was also a portable version (price 18.495,- (again in Dutch Guilders).

Bernard.

Report this post

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015 15:48 

Hiya Bernard,

I have got a couple of test reports on the RiHa organs - one on the Orchestra and another on the RiHa Philharmonic - I'll get them posted over the next 24 hours :wink:
In the meantime here's another picture of the RiHa Orchestra from the 'press' around 1980.

Thanks for posting this info ... :D

Report this post

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015 09:17 
Active Poster

Hi Mike,

That's quite an interesting photo you have posted!
It seems that you have an impressive collection of documentation about organs. Most of the info that I have is in Dutch so I have to translate it.
There has been a portable model of the Orchestra, but I've never seen one on a photo or in real.

I also shall look for some more documentation regarding this brand.
If this happens in the next 24 hours, I'm not sure :wink:

Greetings, Bernard.

Report this post

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2015 13:44 

Brian Sharp @ The RiHa Orchestra organ around 1978/79 - Sounds very impressive albeit a poor quality recording.

The RiHa organ was made in Holland ... a country long famous for it's organ builders. RiHa offered exceptional value for money in view of their quality and reliability.

The RiHa Orchestra contained many beautiful and wonderful tone color with an impressive tonal range including flute, diapason, reed and strings.

When used as a Church organ the baroque effect is remarkably good allowing the moving parts of the contrapuntal to stand out clearly.

Enjoy ...

Mike

Report this post