Another Tyros Launch Bringing Out The Worst In People!

The Yamaha Tyros 5 Workstation.

Another Tyros Launch Bringing Out The Worst In People!

Postby Mike Bracchi » 04 Nov 2013 21:59

I have spent several hours today trawling the keyboard forums to see if they had any news on the Tyros 5 that I may have missed ... my goodness, what a lot of unhappy people :? I have read dozens of posts about the new keyboard being a great disappointment .... How on earth do they know this - nobody has heard it yet :roll:

Over the last 8 years Tyros owners (particularly in the US) have been whining about Yamaha producing a 76 note version ... now it's come, it's way to heavy .... Again, I'm not sure how they know this because as of yet there has been no weight details, in-fact no details period, of the 76 note version released (or leaked) :roll:

On one particular site the members have become extremely vitriolic towards each other over the launch of the T5 ... 26 pages and very little about the T5 other than comparing it with the Roland BK-9 .... I mean give us a break, I'm sure the BK-9 is a very fine instrument but a Tyros it is not ... period.

Yes, I have been entertained well this afternoon :lol:

But I have to admit, I am a little miffed over how many people are 'slating' the T5 purely upon its look and the fact that it doesn't appear to have any significant differences to the Tyros 4 .... I'm looking forward to another afternoons entertainment when they all start 'backtracking' after they have heard it being demonstrated :wink:

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: Another Tyros Launch Bringing Out The Worst In People!

Postby Abacus » 04 Nov 2013 23:13

Good old Synthzone
If you come in to the Synthzone forum afresh it seems as everybody is knocking everyone else, (Including their keyboards) however in reality while it does sometimes get heated it’s not too serious. (Not forgetting that there is also a wealth of knowledge on there)
I’ve been a member for years and I can assure you, you can really have some fun on there. (Nothing like a good old wind up)
NOTE: Not recommended for the faint hearted though.

Bill
Abacus

Postby Wally Gator » 04 Nov 2013 23:28

It's simple! If you don't like it, don't buy it. You don't even have to listen to it if you don't want to. Some folks aren't happy unless they are complaining. Just my two cents. :lol:
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 04 Nov 2013 23:39

Abacus wrote:Good old Synthzone
If you come in to the Synthzone forum afresh it seems as everybody is knocking everyone else, (Including their keyboards) however in reality while it does sometimes get heated it’s not too serious. (Not forgetting that there is also a wealth of knowledge on there)
I’ve been a member for years and I can assure you, you can really have some fun on there. (Nothing like a good old wind up)
NOTE: Not recommended for the faint hearted though.

Bill

That's a relief Bill ... I admit some of things said made me giggle :D That aside, it is surprising how many people are actually negative towards the T5 purely on looks, not just on Synthzone but right across all the keyboard sites.

Must pop back there one day and have a real good look, it's the first time I have actually spent a while on there ... looks like a very resourceful site, and as you say, a shed load of knowledgeable people giving their time to help others - something for me to aim for with this site :lol:

Mike.
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Eileen » 04 Nov 2013 23:58

Well Mike,
The same thing happened with Tyros 4 but look how many people bought it. Already there are quite a few 76 note ones pre ordered as well as 61 note here and in the USA. All are very exited with the spec. I feel sure we won't be disappointed.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby tomtomsf » 05 Nov 2013 02:05

Yes, a lot of people love to knock things down and complain (me, too, sometimes). In the end, it is what it is. You either like it or don't, buy it or don't. There won't be another Tyros coming along for years, so might as well give this new one a chance!
:D
Tom G.
Tyros 4
tomtomsf
Active Poster

Postby Fred » 05 Nov 2013 10:02

Not sure exactly how the saying goes but something along the lines of "Nowt as strange as folk". It is something each person has to decide for them selves as we do with all things in life, however why they have to be so negative in a derogatory way I just don't understand. If they feel their money would be better spent on other things it is their choice, nobody says they have to upgrade. So why do they think they need to justify no buying. All I can think of is to discourage others.

I have a Tyros 4 and it is without doubt a great keyboard. I do think that the T5 will actually sound far better than the T4. Yet for some it is hard to believe that it can get better.

Do I want one - YES
Why - Because I like new toys to keep the interest levels high
Do I think it will make me a better player - NO
Will I upgrade - as yet I'm undecided.

It is also interesting to loo at some of the NON Yamaha site like the Korg Forum. They are running a thread on only selling and playing Yamaha's in care homes.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 05 Nov 2013 12:27

I have to agree with you Fred. If people genuinely don't want a new keyboard then why try to talk people out of going for it. Like you I love new challenges. No keyboard will make anyone play better but if it sounds good then you will want to play it more and that is a good thing surely. Looking forward to mine.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 13 Nov 2013 16:37

Over the last few days I have listened to all the demos and read just about everything I can lay my hands on and, if I was in a position to, I would 'buy before trying' a Tyros 5-61 :D

However it is surprising to still come across so much negativity towards the new models, mainly on the so called 'Yamaha' forums ... I don't think I have ever seen so many 'armchair product developers' creeping from the woodwork just to say that Yamaha, once again, have failed to impress :roll: :roll:

I think there has been shed loads of petty 'trashing' of the T5; it does look to me like, in the main, it's being done out of jealousy ... perhaps like me, these individual just haven't got the dosh, wonga, spondulicks, moolah, dough, smackers or simoleons available to buy one, so for them, 'trashing' it is easier than admitting to themselves that they too would love one but can't because they are 'skint' or 'pot-less' :twisted:

There is some valid criticism of the T5; it seems to be aimed at voicing and styles by comparing them with the likes of VST's and the Audya audio styles ... it does seem a little 'odd' that Yamaha have chosen to make a big song and dance of the audio style as if it were ground breaking technology, which of course it was ... almost 4 years ago - my view is, they still have a lot of catching up to do on that score ... Ketron are the masters of audio styles :wink:

What's next on the new launch agenda? .... Forget the S-950 replacement, I can't wait to see the next Korg PaX model (Pa4X) - I'm sure that will have some ground breaking improvements :wink:

Mike.

P.S .... Anyone wanna buy an Organ & Keyboard Forum ......... Price £4011 Image

Some great Tyros 5 pictures from US Yamaha dealer AudioworksCT ....

Image Image
http://www.AudioworksCT.com
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Eddie Smart » 15 Nov 2013 13:35

Tell me about it,i was dismayed at all the venomous remarks posted in the run up to the launch with the leaked pictures, the american sites you kind of expect it as it's a sort of traditional sport over there, but here in the uk i was surprised.

Eddie.
Eddie Smart

Postby Abacus » 15 Nov 2013 19:47

Tyros 5 is not being singled out, it happens when any new keyboard from any manufacture comes out, however some people take it personally if it’s a manufacture they favour. (They forget it is only a machine)

Bill
Abacus

Postby Eileen » 15 Nov 2013 23:48

I think the dust is settling a little now as we learn more about Tyros 5. We really must wait until we have all the correct information
about what to expect and each day is bringing more. I am really looking forward to hearing and seeing it on Wednesday.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Return to Yamaha Tyros 5 Workstation