Health

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Health

Postby dragon » 16 Dec 2018 12:06

Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of alcohol or coffee, no cursing or speaking of inappropriate things...6 months without eating spice, ice cream or anything sweet. The changes in my body and attitude have been fantastic. I feel great. I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive. I'm looking to keep this up and go for more. Because I care...I'm eating healthy and above all, I'm doing an hour of exercise every day!!!
I don't know who wrote this, but it said to copy and paste.
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Re: Health

Postby JohnT » 16 Dec 2018 14:29

Hi Fred. Keep sticking to it. Nice one. John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 16 Dec 2018 21:54

Fred,

Everybody should follow your example. Everyone would be a lot healthier. I mean, your "Copying" and "Pasting". You can do a lot of that without it being too onerous. Don't know what the rest of your post is all about.

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 17 Dec 2018 00:03

Sorry chaps ………………………….. this was a JOKE. Obviously it did not work. Didn't put it on the joke page as I thought it would make it too easy. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby Hugh-AR » 17 Dec 2018 12:36

Hi Fred,

We all knew it was a JOKE ... and have made 'tongue-in-cheek 'replies' to keep the illusion going. But it's not all an illusion. I really have been doing what you have said above. Well, maybe the odd drink or two, whereas previously I had been having a couple of glasses of wine every day. And I have moved over to decaff coffee (never have had milk or sugar with either tea or coffee). But definitely no swearing or cursing. I don't like spice. Well, not 'curry' spice. We go to all sorts of Restaurants .. Chinese, Thai, Japanese. Spanish, Italian .. but for some reason or other we don't like Indian food. Funny that, because I do like a curry when we have it in a Pub .. so long as they have the Green Label Mango Chutney to go with it. I don't have ice cream or sweet (puddings) unless we are out. As for exercise ... I walk the dog twice a day, and every morning when in the park I 'march' up a hill to the children's play area at the top. Exercises my leg muscles. I use a stick when out and about, and had got to the stage where I was having to use the stick in the bungalow in order to get from one room to another. But by doing this I find I can leave my stick by the front door and not have to use it at all in the house.

I started all this last Christmas and have lost two stone since then. So perhaps this is not all as far fetched as you might think!

Hugh
It's all about the music ♫ ♪ ♫ Organ: Yamaha AR80 & Keyboard: Tyros 4
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 May (Joint Winner); July; September
2022 July; August
2023 April; June; September
Hugh-AR
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 17 Dec 2018 15:28

Time I followed your example Hugh. I'm a bit overweight. .. Fred