I hypnotise my wife for weight loss motivation

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

I hypnotise my wife for weight loss motivation

Postby papadeedee » 04 Jun 2015 16:35

Hi All,
I know that some people don't believe in hypnosis, let alone instant hypnosis. Well here is the proof.
My wife has thyroid problems and the doctors have just now got her thyroxine dosage sorted out and she is attending a weekly weight loss class. She asked me to give her a five minute motivation boost. Even though she feels a bit self conscious about being filmed, she very kindly allowed me to go ahead and post it.
I noted one or two things down but more or less made it up on the spot but It will achieve the desired result.

Incidently, although I don't practise professionally, I do have a diploma in clinical hypnotherapy.

I hope you find it interesting.
https://youtu.be/eIoGp8lSqcs
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Re: I hypnotise my wife for weight loss motivation

Postby JohnT » 04 Jun 2015 16:45

Hi Brian. Can I book you for a few sessions. How about with golf and playing the keyboard. It might help me improve. Enjoyed the video thanks to your wife for taking part.all the best John
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2019 July (Joint Winner); August (Joint Winner)
2020 October (Joint Winner)
2021 June (Joint Winner)
JohnT
Prolific Poster

Postby papadeedee » 04 Jun 2015 16:59

Hi John,
All of what you suggest is possible and if I'm ever about your way I will give you a free session.
The only thing I ever take money for is for my stop smoking therapy. It is very effective for those who really want to stop but people have to be really committed to stopping, If not, it's useless. If I gave them the hypno for free, there is a danger that because it costs nothing their subconsious may think it is of no value and it wouldn't have any effect.
I have cured people who have had life long phobias. fear of escalators, heights, etc.
Cheers,
Brian
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 04 Jun 2015 21:30

Your wife showed considerable bravery in allowing the filming to take place. I trust she will have long term benefits. I imagine from the prompt way you took control that this is not the first time for her to be hypnotised. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby papadeedee » 05 Jun 2015 09:26

Hi Fred,
I have hypnotised her many times, when I take a client, with her permission, I always do a quick demonstration on her as a convincer. Taking control is also essential to get compliance. I tell the client for example to bring the chair a little bit forward, to move it to the left to put their hands on there lap, that kind of thing. I also do a pre talk to tell them exactly what to expect, that they can't get stuck in hypnosis, that they won't reveal their deepest darkest secrets, that they won't run around clucking like a chicken etc. After all of the prep has been done, it is usually pretty straight forward to then go on and hypnotise them, I have had great results and I am proud of the improvements I have made for people.
I can do all the show tricks but I seldom do but if I am asked, I am careful not to make a fool of people.
If you look at the video you will see that I have Anne press her hand down on mine and I draw my hand away rapidly. that creates a shock and confuses her mind for a short time, that is the point I take control of her subconscious mind.
Brian D
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby dragon » 05 Jun 2015 10:16

I have never had a spider phobia but just don't like them. I usually use a glass and a bit of thin card to remove them safely from the house. On the other hand my wife just picks them up and puts them outside. On a recent trip to an animal farm I was offered a chance to have a tarantula on my hand. After taking a deep breath I agreed. Now it may sound silly but I enjoyed the experience so much I repeated it soon after. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby papadeedee » 05 Jun 2015 11:29

Hi Fred,
There is no fear of spiders in my house.
My son had a room full of exotic spiders and snakes, when he left to go to Stirling University, we were lumbered with them. we looked after them until they all passed away naturally.
On one occasion a Red Knee Spider (tarantula) escaped and crawled on to the ceiling, it fell and split it's abdomen. I wasn't too bothered as I'd rather have a dead tarantula than one loose about the house,
Brian D
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter