Hypnotist Dog

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Hypnotist Dog

Postby papadeedee » 27 Apr 2015 09:56

Did anyone see the hypnotist dog on Britains Got Talent ? If you don't want to know how it is done, don't read any further. OK, this is probably how it was achieved.
There would have been a pre televised set up. The hypnotist (the girl) does a quick test to find the most susceptible people in the audience,( you will have seen that the people who came on to the stage were conviently placed.) She would then have hypnotised them and told them that when they come onto the stage and look into the dogs eyes, they will fall into a deep sleep. It is as easy as that.
How do I know? Well, I have a Diploma in clinical Hypnotherapy. I have on occasion had fun with willing paticipants although I don't take it too far as I don't like making a fool out of people. Some people are just floppers and can literally go into a trance at the click of the fingers.
Cheers,
Brian D
Organ: Orla Ringway RS 400 EU
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Re: Hypnotist Dog

Postby dragon » 27 Apr 2015 10:31

Thanks for the expo. When I saw the participants trooping onto the stage in an ordered manner I guessed a certain amount of trickery was involved. Still couldn't understand how she put them out so quickly. Great act. .. Fred
Keyboard: Korg EK50 Ringway600
dragon
Prolific Poster

Postby papadeedee » 27 Apr 2015 11:04

Hi Fred,
Instant hypnosis is not that difficult, There are any amount of techniques to achieve it. Actually what the hypnotist has demonstrated so far is a good gimmick and very basic hypnosis. It remains to be seen if she has an act that will sustain an interest. Good luck to her, it takes courage to stand on a stage and perform.
Brian D
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 27 Apr 2015 12:53

Did not see the program, cant stand cowell who in my opinion is everything thats wrong with british music today,
but what you have said is very interesting and possibly very scary also

Brian007 :D
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Postby papadeedee » 27 Apr 2015 14:23

Hi Brian,
Scary ? I do understand what you mean. I don't practice hypnosis on a professional basis but I have helped quite a few people. Any hypnotist worth his salt will give a pre-talk to allay any fears a client might have. e.g. I explain that they can't get stuck in hypnosis, that they won't divulge their deepest darkest secrets, that they won't run about clucking like a chicken, that they are safe and no harm will come to them etc... once the client understands what is involved, it is usually quite straight forward to then go on and hypnotise them.
In the case of stage hypnotism, the people who are selected are well up for it and their very presence on the stage means that they have consented to take part and comply with the hypnotists suggestions. Those who don't want to take part are told to go back to their seats and enjoy the show. As the show progresses the hypnotist will send any people back to their seats that become less willing to respond leaving only the very very suggestible people but these are usually the extroverted ones who would probably be up dancing on the table at a party anyway and even they would probably refuse to do anything against their moral ethics.
Brian D
papadeedee
Prolific Poster

Postby Brian007 » 27 Apr 2015 17:56

Hi Brian D

Well that explains a lot and makes me fell a little more secure about hypnosis
mind having said that never had it done to me ? well not that I know of anyway
but thanks for enlightening me. Brian007
Image .. Image ..
Challenge Winner
2018 September (Joint Winner); October (Joint Winner); November (Joint Winner)
2020 February (Joint Winner); April (Joint Winner); June; October (Joint Winner)
2021 February
Brian007
Prolific Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter