New club site for Yamaha supporters

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

New club site for Yamaha supporters

Postby LeoP » 12 Aug 2013 12:49

Hello all, a new site for Yamaha Supporters has opened
LeoP

Re: New club site for Yamaha supporters

Postby Craig » 12 Aug 2013 14:26

Thanks for the info Leo. Good luck to whoever is behind the new forum, possibly Matrix since the name is in red? That user name rings a bell with me.
Craig

Postby Fred » 12 Aug 2013 14:35

You are right Craig

The same Site but in disguise.

Hi Kieth,
I have now joined your new site but am somewhat confused as to it being a back up site. It now has a different name. Do members now have to post on both sites. This will be a little time confusing for some. I back up my own site once a month so if anything happens all I would lose would be that months posts which can be caught up with. Do you not have the same type of thing on Crafty.

Eileen L

I suppose it's another way to make money.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Craig » 12 Aug 2013 14:51

Well Fred, I left YKE just over a week ago, but I certainly will not be joining this new site or any other :lol:
Craig

Postby Fred » 12 Aug 2013 15:15

Hi Craig

Sorry to hear that you have left YKE although I'm not actually surprised. As for joining another, I feel the same. The forum scene is just getting to fragmented for my liking.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby joso » 12 Aug 2013 15:40

Hi

Fred wrote:(snip)
The forum scene is just getting to fragmented for my liking.
Fred

Agree.
No idea in more forums. We have plenty... maybe even too many, taken in account the number of postings...

Jørgen
joso
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 12 Aug 2013 16:31

Hi Leo,

It looks like it could be another 'crafty' forum; last week Kieth closed up for a few days saying that he had been 'hacked' :roll: after which the CraftyMusic website also vanished, but I have notice the website linked to the this new site, http://yamahakeyboardsupportersclub.jimdo.com/ is more or less his old one with the new name :?

I can't imagine what he's up-to this time; 'hacked' who on earth would want to hack CMF :roll:

What I will say though .... it is going to be a big ask for him to expect users to have to go through another re-registering process and all the other malarkey that follows joining a new site .... :?

Still, each to his own! Good luck to him - he's going to need it :)
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Postby Wally Gator » 12 Aug 2013 17:01

Got hacked? Didn't he use that excuse once before? He banned or chased everyone off of CMF and now wants to start over.
I was a contributing member and got banned for no reason without any notice. I want a refund. :lol: I like the 3 forums I'm on now and that's enough. I wouldn't join one of his forums regardless. Been there done that. Hear that Boo Boo? :roll:
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby gerso » 13 Aug 2013 19:21

I had the same experience. After Mike left it went downhill fast. I re-joined the new CMF and later I also got banned, why i'll never know.
I think they didn't like their members belonging to other forums. At least Mike isn't that petty. This site has grown and it just gets better.
Plus the pages load up fairly quickly.

All the best. Gerry. 8) :)
gerso

Postby Eddie Smart » 14 Aug 2013 08:26

Wally Gator wrote:I was a contributing member and got banned for no reason without any notice.

gerso wrote:I had the same experience. After Mike left it went downhill fast. I re-joined the new CMF and later I also got banned, why i'll never know.

The site owner claims not to no anything about the reasons himself,saying that cmf automatically deletes members following a period of no activity from them,funny how PRS Tutorial who uses the same forum doesn't do the same and why didn't it happen during the time mike was on the cmf,once again the guy is insulting are intelligence thinking that we are that gullable :x

Eddie
Eddie Smart

Postby Ron » 14 Aug 2013 08:34

I feel we should resist the temptation to post replies on subjects like this. All it does is provide free advertising for the person we now dislike. My thoughts on this person have been previously made public
and it is pointless to air them again.

Regards,

Ron
Twin setup: Tyros 3 and Yamaha Piaggero NP-11
Fretless Bass, Fender Bass amp: BXR300C, Trace Elliot Commando 100W

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2019 May (Joint Winner)
2022 September (Joint Winner)
Ron

Postby Mike Bracchi » 15 Aug 2013 12:29

Ron wrote:I feel we should resist the temptation to post replies on subjects like this. All it does is provide free advertising for the person we now dislike. My thoughts on this person have been previously made public
and it is pointless to air them again.

Regards,

Ron

Hi,

What you say is quite right Ron, posts like this will undoubtedly increase the 'sympathy vote' amongst his followers.

I think that there are still a lot of people out there that have been hurt by this guy, maybe they still feel a bit sore at the way in which they have been barred from a site that they have made friends on ... I also think that they see topics like this as an opportunity to vent their anger and frustration at being treated so badly with no right of reply.

Personally, I think CMF is nothing but one of those small 'irritations' you often get .... it will just vanish one day!

All the best.

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby LeoP » 15 Aug 2013 12:46

Hello, i didn't realize that i would start such a touchy discussuion, i apologise but i wasn't aware of the connection :(
LeoP

Postby Wally Gator » 15 Aug 2013 15:58

The site owner claims not to no anything about the reasons himself,saying that cmf automatically deletes members following a period of no activity from them,funny how PRS Tutorial who uses the same forum doesn't do the same and why didn't it happen during the time mike was on the cmf,once again the guy is insulting are intelligence thinking that we are that gullable :x Eddie

You are correct, that's a bunch of bull. At the time I got banned I was visiting his forum and posting daily. The forum won't ban someone automatically unless he has it set up to do it. That's assuming that option is even available. So if you're on his forum and go on vacation you will be banned when you get back. If it doesn't make sense, it's not true. I think he needs to find a new hobby. I don't think he has the personality or temperament for it. I frequent this forum, PSR, and Yamaha Keyboard Players. If you're familiar with those you'll know the people running them are super nice and caring folks that put their members first. He could take some lessons from Mike, Joe, and Eileen. :D
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 16 Aug 2013 12:21

This is what i have to put up with.wps
Good morning T-de-P'ers :D

Well just as I anticipated, this topic has found it's way to CMF, purportedly sent in to Kieth (more like he copied it himself whilst masquerading as Boo Boo) :roll:

Interestingly the posts have been manipulated so as to imply that I started the topic; a few ill-informed people have replied to his call for sympathy by accusing us of being sad bullies and, I have been branded as "classless" :roll:

Anyway, not wishing to waste too much of my time on this garbage I have attached the contents of Kieth's post .... should you want to read it's contents :wink:

All the best,

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Ron » 17 Aug 2013 08:19

If Boo Boo from Glasgow is a masquerade and you have proof, why is she still allowed access to this Forum?

Time to put CMF to bed and ignore it and all the members who have their heads buried in sand!

Regards,

Ron

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2019 May (Joint Winner)
Ron

Postby Wally Gator » 17 Aug 2013 23:59

Ron wrote:If Boo Boo from Glasgow is a masquerade and you have proof, why is she still allowed access to this Forum?

Time to put CMF to bed and ignore it and all the members who have their heads buried in sand!

Regards,

Ron

Only her hairdresser knows for sure. Or should I say his hairdresser. :lol:
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 18 Aug 2013 01:06

Ron wrote:If Boo Boo from Glasgow is a masquerade and you have proof, why is she still allowed access to this Forum?
Ron

Hiya Ron,

Last year when Boo Boo registered with us it was apparent from an IP check used in the registration process that the 'person' was not from Glasgow; the check revealed that it was an IP address emanating from the Isle of Wight ... naturally that set alarm bells ringing, I then compared it with Kieth's IP address and 'bingo' ... they were identical.

As a favour to me, the admin of two other sites that 'matrix' is registered with confirmed that Boo Boo's IP address was one and the same as the IP logged by 'matrix'.

The reason I haven't removed him is this; http://tierce-de-picardie.co.uk is an open site, all parts of it can be viewed by guests or visitors, the only restriction is that they are unable to post to the boards, so if I removed Boo Boo, he would still have access to freely move around all the boards 'un-checked' ... at least this way, I know when he's on the forum and what he's up-to :)

Mind you, having said all that Ron, there is nothing he can really do to harm our site other than help himself to some of the content for use on his own site.

All the best.

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Ron » 18 Aug 2013 07:52

Thanks for the update Mike and I fully support your policy.
Even if the other forum had a reciprocal open policy, I would have no desire to see what he was up to.

Keep up the good work,

Regards,

Ron

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2019 May (Joint Winner)
Ron

Postby keyboardplayer » 18 Aug 2013 16:25

Mike Bracchi wrote:
This is what i have to put up with.wps
Good morning T-de-P'ers :D

Interestingly the posts have been manipulated so as to imply that I started the topic; a few ill-informed people have replied to his call for sympathy by accusing us of being sad bullies and, I have been branded as "classless" :roll:

I noticed that there is another Crafty Music topic on another keyboard forum, same grumble but different people, so I cannot see how they can call us sad people,so many folk cannot be making it up so his supporters must go around with there eyes shut. There is one person on the other forum saying he was a supporter financially and he got thrown off, he reregistered and even made another contribution and a few weeks later again he got thrown off. As for the guy on crafty saying that anybody with a genuine grievance should email him, we all did mister :evil: and your leader didn't take a blind bit of notice other than lame excuses posted in his forum, which, after a few hours, was promptly taken down or removed, dont you people over there even notice all of his ludicrous excuses mysteriously vanish,just like his "This is what i have to put up with" thread has now been removed :roll:

KBP
keyboardplayer

Postby joso » 30 Aug 2013 08:02

Hi

Now 12 registered users, incl. the Administrator.

Only one (ONE) user has logged on in the last week (WEEK) - except the Administrator.

Really a quiet place for discussions. :wink:

Jørgen
joso
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 19 Sep 2013 13:52

Well Craig I know see you are back on YKE and posting away. Why did you leave.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2018 August (Joint Winner)
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Craig » 19 Sep 2013 14:47

Hi Eileen. Why are you so interested in me lately?
Craig

Postby Mike Bracchi » 19 Sep 2013 15:10

It now looks like CraftyMusic has gone for good ... the site's administrator has asked his members to register with the 'new forum/club' that Leo refers to in his opening post. :roll: :roll:

Now here's a thing ... some of his staunch and most vocal supporters seem to be missing from the 'members list' on his new site ... perhaps they have 'woken-up smelling coffee' and decided that he wasn't worthy of their loyalty ... much the same as I did 18 months ago! :roll:

The recent 'disappearance' of CMF coincides with the end of the 'pre-paid' period we had with Lunarpages.com for hosting the site ... I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that :wink:

Mike
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Fred » 19 Sep 2013 19:36

Eileen wrote:Well Craig I know see you are back on YKE and posting away. Why did you leave.

Hi Eileen

I would have thought that you would not be visiting the site after you left.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 19 Sep 2013 23:57

Hi Fred,
As you well know I did not leave I was banned for supporting and putting in a lot of hard work and running a very successful meeting. I did not agree with some of the things that went on and spoke quite privately about these to admin. After all, forums are supposed to let people have there own opinions about things. I have always believe in trying to help members out with there keyboards and any other help I could give. I was then told that because my grammar was not considered to be up to scratch I was not suitable as a moderator. The next day I was banned. There was a lot more to it but it was all done privately and did not affect the forum in any way. This will probably all get back there but I have nothing to hide.
I do not visit the site as such but occasionally look in on the front page to see what songs are posted.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Fred » 20 Sep 2013 10:52

Hi Eileen

I did not mean to be dis-respectful, I just thought that after leaving the way you did, you would not want to have anything to do with the site, especially since your own site is doing well.

Fred
Fred
Active Poster

Postby Eileen » 20 Sep 2013 15:00

That's OK Fred but I like to keep things straight. You are right I would not want anything to do with that site and it administration but I still have friends on there.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby Jon D » 29 Oct 2013 15:01

Hi there have been on this site was working fine now cannot get on it must have a fault tried about 5 times I am giving it up as broken cheers all. 8) 8) 8)
Jon D. :( :( :(
Hi there I have played from the age of 13 and all my music is played in a sort of dance tempo style. Have worked in nearly all the North East clubs over the years. That gave me a good grounding. Cheers.
Keyboard: Tyros 5
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2021 April; November (Joint Winner)
2022 June; November
2023 January; August (Joint Winner)
Jon D
Prolific Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 29 Oct 2013 15:26

You have probably been banned like the rest of us Jon :lol:

I still can't get me head around why people are even bothering to try - how times must a person be banned or lied to before it sinks in that 'he and his site' are no good :roll:
Mike Bracchi
Mike Bracchi

Postby Ron » 04 Nov 2013 14:58

Jon D, you are still listed as being one of the 58 members ! Really active Forum :-(

Ron

Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2019 May (Joint Winner)
Ron

Postby Eileen » 05 Nov 2013 00:46

I don't see what the attraction is for such a small forum or what keeps it going.
Eileen

Genos2 SX900 and
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2022 April
Eileen
Super Poster

Postby joso » 07 Nov 2013 19:01

Hi

The number of members has advanced to 57 now... :?

Jørgen
joso
Active Poster

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter