Norbeck Hotel Blackpool Cavalcade

Chat about whatever interests you .. but no politics or religion please!
Viewable by Members and non-Members.

Norbeck Hotel Blackpool Cavalcade

Postby bud2 » 19 May 2013 13:11

Sorry I am a bit late with this report on new items demonstrated at the Norbeck Hotel Keyboard Cavalcade but here you are.-
Well although we have never been to this meeting here before things seem fairly quiet, which has been confirmed by people who have been here before. Anyway this morning we saw a very good demonstration by Paul Carman of Orla's new organ the Moderna, the sounds and styles seem to be greatly improved from their previous ones. The main aim of Orla organs seems to be ease of use, which they have always done. It does not mean you can not set things up yourself, you can, however it is so easy to use if you do not like having to think what instruments best suits a particular style etc. This of course can be done on virtualy all new keyboards & organs but Orla seems to be even easier. If you remember at our visit to Pakefield in September I reported on the new Ringway organ RS400eu, well they have now brought out the new RS480eu, which is an improved version of the RS400. Orla have had more of an input on this one than they did on the 400 by using more of their styles and sounds. From what Paul showed me this moring it is certainly much improved and for just under £3000 seems very good value. You can see it demoed for yourselves on Orla's site.
I have also seen the improved Korg PA3X which works along with an ipad to give instant setups to scanned PDF music, that is you select the tune you want to play and everything is setup specifically for that tune. Apparantly this only works with the PA3X performer model. :wink:
Regards, Bill.

Tyros 5/NP30 Twinset

bud2
Active Poster

Re: Norbeck Hotel Blackpool Cavalcade

Postby Craig » 19 May 2013 13:43

Hi Bill, thanks for the write up. The Modena sounds far more modern from hearing the demonstration DVD.
The new Orla's are very good value for money, as is the Ringway RS480 and there will also be a higher end Ringway organ. No idea of any prices, but I would guess cheaper than the Modena.
Paul and Esquin are very nice people, Paul always put on a good demonstration.
If anyone wants a demo DVD of the Ringway or Orla range, just get in touch with Orla Direct or ring 01359 242 514 to request one. Orla is very helpful.
Craig

Postby bud2 » 19 May 2013 14:13

I believe there is a demo on the Orla Channel on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wGaQrLwvQc
Yes there is a larger one due around September and a 2 manual portable one to follow that. I think it will give other makes a run for the money.
I do agree with you Craig, Paul and Esquin are lovely people.
:wink:
Regards, Bill.

Tyros 5/NP30 Twinset

bud2
Active Poster

Postby Mike Bracchi » 19 May 2013 15:03

bud2 wrote:I believe there is a demo on the Orla Channel on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wGaQrLwvQc
Yes there is a larger one due around September and a 2 manual portable one to follow that. I think it will give other makes a run for the money.
I do agree with you Craig, Paul and Esquin are lovely people.
:wink:

Complete DVD & Brochure Here :wink:
Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Return to Shooting The Breeze & General Chatter