sound

Use this forum for information relating to any PSR Keyboard
thru' to S & SX Series of Instruments.

sound

Postby booboo » 08 Aug 2012 20:10

I am having problems with my 900
There seems to be sound coming from the left speaker only yet when i plug in a set of headphones i can hear it through both sides of the headphones. I have switched the 900 on and off a few times yet still only sound from the left speaker.
I asked Betty my neighbour to have a listen and she agrees no sound other than left speaker
Can you help please
joan
booboo

Postby Johnboy0070 » 08 Aug 2012 20:42

Hi Joan,

I'm afraid that it looks as if, either the 'Inner suspension' (spider) on the speaker has sustained damage. Or there could be a break in the wiring of the coil around the permanent magnet.
I think you may have to have the speaker replaced.
But it could also be, that when you have connected your headphones into the little socket. You have somehow damaged the inside of the socket.
Instead of switching sound to both speakers when you remove the headphones, the circuit to your right hand speaker is not completed.

Johnboy
Johnboy0070

Postby booboo » 09 Aug 2012 19:55

i think i will use the headphones as i am not at all good with technical things
thankyou

joan
booboo

Postby Johnboy0070 » 10 Aug 2012 10:55

I think you are just kidding us Joan.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Get a professional repairer in then.

John
Johnboy0070

Postby Westgarth » 10 Aug 2012 21:01

Hi Joan

If a professional repair is too expensive try to get hold of a second hand pair of computer speakers. They will plug into the headphone socket. My son got some for a fiver and they're great!
Regards, Steve
Westgarth
Active Poster

Postby booboo » 13 Aug 2012 20:11

that sounds a very good idea
thankyou steve
booboo

Postby Wally Gator » 13 Aug 2012 20:45

It could be as simple as a loose wire/connection or a more serious problem like a bad speaker or circuit board. If you're not a technical person you should probably take it to someone that is. Can you go into the mixing console and turn the pan from all the way left to all the way right while playing back a style, voice, or recorded song? This might confirm a problem with the left channel. You can also see if the left and right outputs are working. Do you belong to the PSR Tutorial Forum? You might ask your question there because at present time they have many more members which will increase chances of someone with a similar problem responding.
Here's the link. http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php
You can also Google the problem. I have done this and found answers and even videos on to fix problems. Just Google PSR 900 speaker problem.
Good luck.
Wally Gator
Mega Poster

Postby Johnboy0070 » 14 Aug 2012 09:50

Wally Gator wrote:It could be as simple as a loose wire/connection or a more serious problem like a bad speaker or circuit board. If you're not a technical person you should probably take it to someone that is. Can you go into the mixing console and turn the pan from all the way left to all the way right while playing back a style, voice, or recorded song? This might confirm a problem with the left channel. You can also see if the left and right outputs are working. Do you belong to the PSR Tutorial Forum? You might ask your question there because at present time they have many more members which will increase chances of someone with a similar problem responding.
Here's the link. http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php
You can also Google the problem. I have done this and found answers and even videos on to fix problems. Just Google PSR 900 speaker problem.
Good luck.

Hi Wally,

Surely if there was a problem with a channel, it would refect this in headphones as well as speakers?
I'm not 100% sure, but trying to use a bit of 'Victor Logic'.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
John
Johnboy0070

Postby booboo » 17 Aug 2012 20:40

i now have some speakers that my neighbours husband got from a shop called ebay for £2 thankyou for your help
joan
booboo

Postby Westgarth » 18 Aug 2012 18:47

Glad you got fixed up Joan.
Regards, Steve
Westgarth
Active Poster

Return to Yamaha PSR Keyboards