From pro-file plastic extrusion to a finished PSR-S900

Use this forum for information relating to any PSR Keyboard
thru' to S & SX Series of Instruments.

From pro-file plastic extrusion to a finished PSR-S900

Postby Mike Bracchi » 10 May 2014 15:25

Here is an interesting little video on how the Yamaha PSR-S900 was made ... from pro-file plastic extrusion to a finished PSR-S900 ... I guess it's Yamaha's factory in Indonesia as the two little animated characters that appear from time to time are from an Indonesian childrens TV series ....

Mike Bracchi
Vintage Organ Group (Facebook)
Mike Bracchi

Re: From pro-file plastic extrusion to a finished PSR-S900

Postby dentyr » 30 Jul 2019 11:52

Hello All. Although the video is in Indonesian I have tried to convey the gist of the program.
Up to 1:00 it shows the plastic chips being ground to a fine powder ready for injection. Then the injection mold unit. This surprised me as it appears to be hydraulic and that is very high pressure indeed. I would have expected a mechanical machine to be able to lock into position for the high pressure injection.
Then up to 1:30 it shows the motherboard being pulled out from the assembly unit. To assemble the motherboard all the parts need to be inserted in the correct place and then soldered in quickly, usually a "wipe" method. The transistors and resisters don't take too kindly to heat. The tone generators are installed and the board goes over another soldering bath. You can also see the rubber thingys for the "touch" for those who want to bash their kbd. Then "Its Showtime" according to the little ones. Just a brief sum up of the video. Den.
Keyboards: Yamaha Tyros 4, PSR SX700, PSR S970and StagePa300
I knit dolls and animal toys.
I always try to do things which I can't do in order to learn how to do them. ..
Werk maakt je vrij. Muziek maakt je blij. Work sets you free. Music makes you happy.
Image .. Image
Challenge Winner
2020 September (Joint Winner); November
2021 May (Joint Winner)
2023 May; August (Joint Winner)
dentyr
Prolific Poster

Re: From pro-file plastic extrusion to a finished PSR-S900

Postby tomtomsf » 30 Jul 2019 22:54

Very interesting! It's amazing how complicated it is to create a keyboard, using computerized machinery and people all along the way. I wonder if it is Yamaha that invents the method to make the keyboard or does Yamaha go to a manufacturing facility and get them to come up with the technique?

Tom G.

PS: The Professor Cerebro plays better than me. :D
Tyros 4
tomtomsf
Active Poster

Return to Yamaha PSR Keyboards